Friday, July 17, 2009

strange encounters


Flipping through photographs, meaning to start this blog in a completely different and far more funky way, I stumbled upon this picture.
A picture that reminds me of last autumn and lonesome walks through the lovely city of Gent. When a couple, out of nowhere, started telling me complete nonsens, right there on the street, nonsens I unfortunately can´t remember. And she said she never had a picture of him. And asked me to make one. He said he didn´t want me to, but started posing as soon as I pointed my camera at him.
I could smell alcohol on her as she got really close. Too early in the afternoon. She said her kids would write me to ask for the pictures. They never did.

When they left the police called me over to their car. Did I still have my wallet. Shit. Oh but, yes I did.

1 comment:

  1. Bedankt voor je lieve reactie, hij bezorgde mij een lach. Ik houd ook van wandelingen door Gent, en spontane ontmoetingen - misschien eens tot daar...

    ReplyDelete