Monday, October 26, 2009

two men with one hat

One night, in a narrow Amsterdam street
I saw two men sitting on a doorstep.
In a flash, I saw they had the same hat on.
Which looked ridicilous in a way,
and because of that, really cool.
So I pushed Hugh back to them,
so he could take a picture
(of course, always when something interesting
is going on, I don't have a camera with me).

Their english was bad, my russian is worse.

Somehow, with a little of everything,
they managed to explain how they
ended up in Amsterdam. Accidentally,
right here when they were passing through,
their car broke down.

"And so now... (Russian points at beer)"

and the hats? "two for one price!"
They laughed. We laughed.

1..2..3..FLASH
there you are

spasiba spasiba!


(click..)
photographed by Hugh, next to de Buurvrouw in Amsterdam.
Flash held by me.
check http://www.flickr.com/hughburke

No comments:

Post a Comment